Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back in the saddle, so to speak

But my horse couldn't be more lethargic. I don't know if it's the adjustment to the time zone, or recovering from the endless walking, but I'm not very enthusiastic about rejoining my regular life after our European trip. The weather that's welcomed us doesn't help, either. It's chilly and overcast. Neither of us is sleeping solidly through the night (the wife worse than me). And I just don't have much excitement for things. Not even the new TV season. There are some shows I'd like to watch, but the urgency I had last year is gone. The prospect of missing an episode, even the return of Lost, doesn't upset me much. I may even forsake most TV and actually read. Who knows. I'll probably get into the swing of things eventually, and get as addicted as usual. Let's see if you can help me get hooked:

1. If anyone saw the premieres of "Jericho", "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", or "Men in Trees", let me know what you thought.

2. If there are any Gilmore Girls and/or Veronica Mars fans out there, is it worth it to start watching those shows at this point, seeing as they've already been on for several seasons?

3. Any other new shows you checked out that you recommend?

Otherwise, make sure you stop over at the other joint. I've put up some photos and a video of Day 1 of the trip. Check it out.