Monday, January 29, 2007

Two posts in one day?! You're shitting me!

What else am I supposed to do while procrastinating on work that will make me money?

People who are familiar with my past blog life remember when I would post qualitative assessments of women and ask for feedback from the audience. I'm kind of bringing that back for a limited engagement. I was poking around on BostonBruins.com today and went to the "Ice Girls" section.

Ice Girls are a strange, questionably successful, feature added by several NHL teams over the past few years. Basically they are (hopefully) attractive women with ice skating ability acting as hockey cheerleaders. They superficially clean ice shavings during breaks in play, and do promotional stuff like shoot t-shirts into the crowd during intermissions. Hockey purists, I'm sure, would like to see all Ice Girls cross-checked into goal posts by Pee-Wee players for between-period entertainment. But they're good for something: subjective voting!

Here is the Boston Bruins Ice Girls page.

Since I'm too lazy to post pictures, names and profiles here, you'll have to follow the link and click through each girl to pick your favorites. Leave a comment about who you like the best. Include profile information in making your choices, not just the picture. Let's get a well-rounded Miss Bruin Ice Girl 2007.

I will not be sharing my selection, as I have not made one. It's the only decent thing a married man can do. But see if you can spot my long-lost, much younger twin sister among them. The similarities between us are shocking, even considering a couple gender-centric differences in movie and music taste.