Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where have I been?

Not that I've received any comments or emails expressing concern for my cyber-absence! Humph!

I've been busy and bored, distracted and uninspired. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful, and home life has been pretty busy with family birthdays. Everything else has been pretty uneventful. Here are the two most interesting things I have to write about:

1. I left work yesterday, and was driving in downtown, and saw a guy, about mid 50s, walking on the sidewalk wearing a very short yellow miniskirt and a purple blouse. He was walking very naturally, like nothing was unusual. I wanted to snap a pic with my phone, but didn't have time. Bummer.

2. Spike showed "The Boondock Saints" on Saturday night, presumably to commemorate St. Patrick's Day. I had never even heard of this movie until about 2 years ago. After reading a lot about it on blogs and message boards, I was excited to finally see it. Turns out that it's not a very good movie. It's pretty bad, actually. I don't think my reaction to it stems from Spike being required to bleep out the 1,235,736 times the word "fuck" is apparently used. It's just a choppy, poorly acted film that tries really hard to be cool. I was most shocked at how hammy Willem Dafoe was in it. He must cringe when he sees it now. I understand its appeal to youngsters who love violence and Irish accents, but I was not impressed. I actually turned it off early and watched "The Way of the Gun" which was more violent and more entertaining, though slower-paced and darker. I don't know why, but even though I know Ryan Philippe is a bad actor, I still like to watch him. It was written and directed by the guy who wrote "The Usual Suspects" and I recommend it if you haven't seen it.