Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Happy Birthday!

To my son, of course, but I also just realized that this blog had its first anniversary a couple days ago. That snuck up on me.

Here's a picture of the birthday boy in a shirt from his Gammie. Man, he's getting so big, but still so cute. His hair is out of control, but everyone loves it.

It's the toddler version of a GFY shirt.

Wow, he's growing so fast. Both boys are.

In house news, we found one we really like, and are going to make an offer on it. We'll have to make the offer conditional on selling ours, though. Let's hope for the best.

And Daisy asked for my review of Half Blood Prince. It's now my favorite of the Harry Potter books that I've read (replacing Prisoner of Azkaban). I knew about the big shocker at the end, but there were still surprises for me, and how that shocker played out was thrilling and devastating. I'm all jacked up to read Deathly Hallows now.

My one complaint with the book, and that applies to pretty much all of the books, is that Harry is a lazy student and not a very good wizard. The only true wizarding skill he's demonstrated on his own is doing the Patronus charm. Everything else is handed to him, it seems. Is that supposed to reflect how kids are these days? He doesn't have to be a prodigy, but give your hero some amount of ambition, work ethic, or skill. Sheesh!