Friday, September 22, 2006

Ok, I'm probably cured

Of my TV malaise, that is. I sat down to watch this week's recorded "Prison Break" last night, and totally forgot that "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" were being recorded. I dove back into those and am very glad to have done so. Earl was very good, and The Office was awesome! I was anxious to see what they were going to do with the whole Jim and Pam thing, and so far I'm very pleased with the direction they've gone:

  • Two offices!
  • Pam not married!
  • Roy now a sympathetic character trying to win Pam back!

I've been so hooked on dramas for the last few years, maybe I should go back to comedies. It's too bad, though, that "How I Met Your Mother" conflicts with "Prison Break", my wife's (and mine to an extent) Monday addiction. I'll try to keep the new shows to a minimum, probably just "Studio 60" (if I like it) and NBC's other SNL-like show "30 Rock". Hopefully that will be funny, because Alec Baldwin is always money on Saturday Night Live, and Tina Fey is just hawt (in a smart and funny, yet also hawt, way). Tracy Morgan could ruin it, though. They should have used Tim Meadows. Oh yeah, "Heroes" looks interesting, too. Dammit! And when did NBC cancel "Medium"? That blows!

Ok, enough TV talk. Anyone live in a state that's having a heated Senate or House race this fall? My state's pretty boring for that kind of stuff, but at least we don't get the ridiculous attack ads here. There's just no point when you know how the state's going to go.

Have a good weekend everybody. Don't forget to root for the good guys this weekend (the ones from Columbus and Foxborough, in case you didn't know.)