Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Checking in

Hey, I beat my two week deadline! Here are some recent happenings:

- Remember that syringe I found outside our house, well it gets worse. Over the weekend two guys broke into a house a couple blocks from our house and shot three people inside, one of which died, and a dog. Yeah, we need to move.

- Finally got the remaining Heavy Vegetable and Thingy CDs I ordered after Christmas, and they're great! I also picked up a new CD by a band called Other Men, who is Heavy Vegetable without their female vocalist. It's awesome, too. Rob Crow is a fucking genius!

- Hooray for the return of Veronica Mars last night! Too bad the episode was pretty lame. Patriotic, honorable Arab character was cliched and dated. Fake ID mystery was very limp (except for Keith kicking ass at the end). Pulp Fiction quoting was over-done, not clever. The most entertaining part was the Piz-Veronica-Logan stuff at the end. But I don't watch the show for love triangles. If it's just going to be a soap opera, then don't bother renewing it. And you can't blame it on the fact that these last episodes are stand-alone, without an ongoing mystery. Hopefully the next couple will be better. You don't want to go out like that.

- I still need to watch the finale of 30 Rock online. Can't wait. And if you like excessive swearing, stay tuned to see if NBC screws my DVR efforts again this Thursday with 40 minute episodes of The Office and My Name is Earl.

UPDATE:

OMFG, how did I forget to write about this? Go. See. Hot. Fuzz! It's absolutely hilarious! Saw it over the weekend, and even the wife liked it. I was rolling. The shootout near the end is filmdom's second greatest shootout scene, behind John Woo's The Killer. Funniest movie I've seen in a while.