Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Man, that was laborious!

Well, my real birthday is now passed, and I'd like to thank all you who acknowledged my blog's birthday, mentioned in my last post.

Here's a list of things I received for my birthday, in good and bad sublists:

Good:
Amazon gift card
Spamalot tickets
Dinner and movie date
Two frozen Gino's East pizzas
Hot sex
Extra sleep
Overstock.com gift card
Movie theater gift card
News that Kristin Bell is joining the cast of Heroes next season for an extended run
A cheesecake
A homemade Tres Leches cake
Michigan football's humiliating defeat at the hands of Appalachian State
Cleared-up sinuses

Bad:
Stomach virus and attendant vomiting
Fever
Lack of desire to eat Tres Leches cake ever again

It was a good long weekend, only the end of which was ruined by the illness. All I had planned, though, was to weed my yard, so watching TV instead wasn't so bad. Seriously, all I watched over the weekend was college football, reruns of Preseason NFL games and house flipping shows. Good times. Now I have to get back into the swing of work, which is tough. No real news on the moving front. Our initial offer on a house should be rejected or countered by the end of today, otherwise it lapses. It looks like we won't sell our house until next year, since the market's so flooded. It's a bit discouraging.

That's all. More later, after I get cool stuff with the Amazon card.