Friday, September 14, 2007

This post is interactive, Bitch.

Well, kind of. It's a meme. Dara over at blah blah blog posted this today, and I thought it sufficiently interesting to do it, as well. Here are the instructions:

Copy this list, leave in the bands you've seen perform live, delete the ones you haven't, and add new ones that you have seen until you reach 25. An asterisk means the previous person had it on their list. Two asterisks means the last two people who did this before you had that band on their list.

Here's my list (in no particular order). Play along if you like, and let me know if you do.

1. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers**
2. Foo Fighters
3. Bob Dylan**
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Barenaked Ladies
6. The B-52's
7. Rush
8. Phish
9. Belly
10. Mighty Mighty Bosstones
11. Bim Skala Bim
12. Indigo Girls
13. Tanya Donelly
14. Bob Mould
15. Athenaeum
16. Guster
17. Thanks to Gravity
18. Hey Mercedes
19. The Breeders*
20. Braid
21. Motion City Soundtrack
22. Piebald
23. .Moneen.
24. Blonde Redhead
25. Josh Rouse

Here's some more music fun. I happened to hear Billy Ocean's "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going" today, and started bopping along. I loved that song back in the day. Who can name the movie soundtrack on which that song appeared?

About the New England Cheatriots, I'll only say this: Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

I don't have much to say about Spamalot. It was fun. Not great. To someone so enamored of all things Python, I didn't particularly enjoy the parts adapted from the movie. They're not as funny as in their original contexts (although the French taunting gets ratcheted up about 300 notches). Also, I wasn't keen on how it borrowed bits from other movies and TV show skits. But the performers were very good. The Lady in the Lake is a great addition, and the original bits were enjoyable. There are a couple parts in Act II that quite surprised me (can't believe I never heard about them) that I won't spoil. A good time, but not life changing, and not as good as original Python.

Have a good weekend, all.