Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I do watch other stuff beside Veronica Mars

I guess I mostly write about it because it's the only show I watch the night it airs. Every other show I watch days later on DVR. Hopefully my writing about it will also contribute to the movement to save the show next season. If the show does get saved, though, they better bring it better than these last two episodes. This week's was better than last week's, but the absence of an over-arching mystery drains the show of a lot of gravity. Character drama just isn't doing it for me anymore (I'm writing you off, Grey's Anatomy, and your ridiculous doctors). Paul Rudd made the show. He was hilarious. AND they played some Idlewild during the show, too! Sweet!

In personal news, I've had a couple good longish runs recently that are very encouraging. Unfortunately, Sunday night after such a run, I almost certainly broke my little toe when I slammed it into a wall corner. It's healing faster than I thought it would, but I probably won't be running very soon. The toe is swollen and a very unattractive color, and I can't curl it without manual assistance. Damn.

In moving the hell out of our neighborhood news, there is no news. Our current plan is to move next Spring, but I recently spent some time looking at foreclosure properties in the area. Does anyone know anything about buying homes this way? Does it only work for investors with lots of cash, or can families do it, too? Because if we have to pay full price next Spring, we'll probably be moving to a similarly sized house in a similarly bad neighborhood. Or moving to West Bum Suburb. We'd like to avoid both of those.