Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stop the Pity Party

So here I was, sitting at my desk bemoaning all the things going wrong. Things not working out the way I want them to, not being able to do things I want, and people not emailing me back. Then I thought about one of my best friends. She emailed me last February, and I still haven't emailed her back. What an ass I am! What's my problem? Is it THAT hard to send a note back saying that it was great to hear from her, things in my life are going well, and that I'll talk to her soon? What's so difficult about that? So I need to snap out of feeling sorry for myself. Life is good. Not ideal, but good. I should also email that friend. Maybe I will.

That was how I was feeling a half hour ago, before I heard about what could be an amazing real estate opportunity for me and my family (no we're not going to a time-share seminar). That has me all jacked up now and excited. Of course, it won't actually happen. Then we'll be slightly depressed having got over-excited about it. But we'll soldier on until we really can afford to move to a better home in a better neighborhood.

So the overall point to this post is supposed to be positive. About remaining positive in the face of minor setbacks and trivial disappointments. That's what I'm going to do. And TV will help me, as long as not EVERY show I watch goes on hiatus until January/February. What's with that? I don't remember every show having a "Fall Finale" before. Maybe I can get some reading done during the next two months, instead.